The Chemical Company
Join The Chemical Company, a family-owned and operated global business with a unique, professional family atmosphere at our Rhode Island headquarters. TCC is a fast-moving, exponentially growing company with a global focus and local feel. Our company culture is second to none, with a beautiful, brand-new campus including fitness center, kitchen, podcast studio, conference rooms filled with local paintings and artwork, sunshine-filled office spaces and frequent company events, located in beautiful South County, RI.
The Chemical Company puts an emphasis on sustainability and environmental protections from top to bottom. Starting with our campus in Rhode Island, we are ISO and NACD certified, meeting the industry’s strictest environmental guidelines, and even certified as a state bird and wildlife sanctuary. Globally, TCC is proud to offer a full portfolio of sustainable products to the chemical industry, and representing suppliers who are focused on prioritizing 100% renewable products within a matter of years.
Job Title: Sales (Location: South County, RI)
Job Description: This is an opportunity to join an industry, and a tight-knit, family-owned and operated company supplying the world with the building blocks of everything around you. We are looking to add to our team of enthusiastic individuals who are motivated by success and growth opportunities. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking to work in an environment surrounded by likeminded individuals where the limits to success are endless this is the place for you. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver. This is an opportunity for an ambitious person who has long-term goals, with opportunities to grow within the organization. You will be working in a small company environment doing big business. This is not a calling center; it’s a professional position in a family atmosphere.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, web tracking reports and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Identify and qualify leads of both active and new development product markets
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales agents for further development and closure
- Organize and manage various research projects related to business growth and development
- Focus on core product development as relates to both customers and suppliers
- Develop and grow existing customer base (C/D Level Customers)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask; time management
- Computer skills, efficient use of CRM platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Pay scale based on experience and education. Extremely competitive benefit package and outstanding company culture and values. Position may require occasional travel.