Potassium chloride is a metal halide salt with the molecular formula KCI or CIK. Its CAS is 7447-40-7. The white, colorless crystals are soluble in water and insoluble in ethanol.
Industrial uses include:
- Agricultural chemicals (non-pesticidal)
- Laboratory chemicals
- Plating agents and surface treating agents
- Processing aids, not otherwise listed
- Processing aids, specific to petroleum production
Consumer uses include:
- Agricultural Products (non-pesticidal)
- Anti-Freeze and De-icing Products
- Building/Construction Materials not covered elsewhere
- Electrical and Electronic Products
- Metal Products not covered elsewhere
- Paints and Coatings
- Water Treatment Products
Potassium chloride is produced in quantity from mined potash ores and from salt-containing surface waters. The chemical is extracted from minerals sylvite, carnallite, and potash. It is a by-product of nitric acid production from potassium nitrate and hydrochloric acid.
Potassium chloride is available for shipping throughout the continental United States with one (1) week lead-time. Potassium chloride is shipped in 25kg bags and 1,000kg super sacks, and is available in bulk format as well. Special packaging options are also available. Please call (401) 423-3100 for details.