Silica fabric is a type of fine woven silica fiber that is similar to fiberglass. TCC silica fabrics are flame resistant, ecologically clean (offer 98% purity–free of organic resin binder), low thermal conductivity, and low electrical conductivity. TCC woven silica products are ideal for insulating engines as well as construction of compensators and other electrical equipment manufacturing. Silica fabrics are often used as heat shields to prevent surrounding components from overheating and significantly help reduce thermal loss in the process. Silica fabrics offer high chemical stability to alkali and acid media, are fungi-proof and resistant to other attacking microorganisms.
- High temperature insulation
- Thermal insulation and protection
- Fire protection
- Acid-resistant and moisture-proof filler material for composites
- Welding and fire safety
- Low thermal conductivity
- Extreme high heat resistance
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- Flame resistant
- Available in pre-shrunk and Vermiculite coated
- Temp rating >+ 1000° C 1832° F
- 98% purity.
- MSDS and Data sheets are available on request
TCC Silica Fabrics are available for shipping throughout the continental United States with one (1) week lead time. Silica fabrics are available in 36”–50” widths as well as pre-shrunk and Vermiculite coated.
The Chemical Company
44 Southwest Ave.
Post Office Box 436
Jamestown, RI 02835-0436