Triethanolamine, also known as trolamine, is an oily, viscous, liquid organic chemical compound with a mild ammonia odor. Its molecular formula is C6H15NO3 with CAS #102-71-6.
Like all ethanolamines, triethanolamine is industrially produced exclusively by the reaction of ethylene oxide with excess ammonia. The reaction takes place slowly and is accelerated by water. In all conventional processes, the reaction occurs in the liquid phase.
- Adsorbents and absorbents
- Agricultural chemicals (non-pesticidal)
- Anti-adhesive agents
- Corrosion inhibitors and anti-scaling agents
- Functional fluids (closed systems)
- Lubricants and lubricant additives
- Processing aids, not otherwise listed
- Solvents (which become part of product formulation or mixture)
- Agricultural Products (non-pesticidal)
- Anti-Freeze and De-icing Products
- Fabric, Textile, and Leather Products not covered elsewhere
- Foam Seating and Bedding Products
- Metal Products not covered elsewhere
- Paper Products
- Personal Care Products
Triethanolamine (TEA, TEOA) is available for shipping throughout the continental United States in drums, totes or bulk. Special packaging is available on request. Contact us for more detailed shipping availability.
The Chemical Company
44 Southwest Ave.
Post Office Box 436
Jamestown, RI 02835-0436