“The View from Jamestown” Chemical Podcast
Hosted by The Chemical Company
Episode 074 | Common Media Claims & Initiatives Around Plasticizers – Phthalate & Plasticizer Discussion with Evonik
Episode 074 is the third episode of our special three-part mini-series with Evonik. This final episode summarizes our discussion of plasticizers and phthalates, and discussed some common media claims made about plasticizers which are not factually correct.
Key Claims Discussed:
- Plasticizer exposure via dust
- “Rubber” Boot connections with CMR Substance Exposure
- Plasticizer’s false correlation with elevated blood pressure
- Sustainability of plasticizers
- Positive media initiatives existing today: American Chemistry Council, PLASTICS Industry Association
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €15 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.38 billion in 2021. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. More than 33,000 employees work together for a common purpose: To improve life, today and tomorrow.
Dr. Hendrik T. M. Fischer: Director Advocacy and Regulatory Marketing
Sanjay Kakkar: Business Director
Nadine Engel: Hazard & Risk Management
Host: Marketing & Sales Specialist Ben Sawicki